“Developing Enlightened Leadership of Tomorrow”
1. Our intent recognizes that:
a) Children are the future's greatest resource & we believe that our most valuable contribution to the community and our world is through developing an enlightened future generation;
b) The safety, care and education of young children mold their self-esteem and equip them with the ability to find love, happiness and success that last forever;
c) During these formative years, the social, physical, and intellectual functioning of the child is unified;
d) The most important function of our educational & developmental program must be to provide children with strong fundamentals that include:
i) A positive attitude towards learning,
ii) Inner security,
iii) A sense of order,
iv) Pride in the physical environment,
v) Abiding curiosity,
vi) Habits of concentration, initiative and persistence,
vii) The ability to make decisions,
ix) A sense of responsibility to other members of the class, school and community, and
x) Strong values – Integrity, Courage, Respect, Optimism & Creativity.
xi) The foundation we develop must enable children to acquire more specialized knowledge and skills through becoming life-long learners.
2. We allow these truths & values of this Oakian family to guide every detail in the origination and continuous operation of our institution.
3. Our approach creates happy, learning children who get on-going opportunities for developing social skills, building character, making friends and becoming an enlightened generation of tomorrow.
4. We are extremely proud & cognizant of our commitment, spanning almost a hundred years across four generations, of “educating & developing as our own”.
5. In expanding our “sphere of enlightened influence”, Silver Oaks, as an institution of education, learning & development of future leadership, will continue to be guided by one simple principle:
“IF IT’S NEEDED FOR MY KIDS, IT IS NEEDED; IF IT’S WRONG FOR MY KIDS, IT IS WRONG”
© Copyright 2000-2017 by Silver Oaks High School - Made By Xtranza®